Google has revealed the new Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones. Following the Pixel 6 lineup’s extensive redesign last year, the Pixel 7 series provides small updates rather than major alterations.
This year, the distinctive camera bar running across the width of the chassis is coated in metal rather than glass. Of course, the Tensor chip is again beneath the hood, but this time it’s a next-generation version called the Tensor G2. Unlike the Pixel 6 series, the Pixel 7 will also feature face unlocking and adds some behind-the-scenes camera upgrades that could enable improved zoom quality.
Pixel fall event
Google Announced the Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, and Pixel Watch.
Google Pixel 7: Better Camera, New Tensor Chip
Fitbit Health Tracking Is Included in Google’s $350 Pixel Watch
As with the iPhone 14 series, the differences between the base models and the pro versions are more noticeable than the differences between predecessor and successor. The Pixel 7 Pro, for example, includes a bigger screen as well as a telephoto lens that can zoom up to 5x optically and 30x digitally. The Pixel 7 lacks a telephoto camera. The Pixel 7 Pro has a new macro photography feature that the Pixel 7 does not have. Both phones support 5G, although carrier support for ultrafast millimetre wave 5G connection differs.
The Google Pixel 7 The Google Pixel 6 Pixel 7 Pro by Google
- Display dimensions, resolution, and refresh rate 90Hz, 6.3-inch FHD+ (1,080 x 2,400 pixel) OLED display OLED display; 2,400 x 1,080 pixels; 60 or 90Hz QHD+ (1,440 x 3,120 pixels) 6.7-inch LTPO display; up to 120Hz
- 416 ppi 411 ppi 512 ppi pixel density
- Dimensions (millimetres) (millimeters) 155.6 inches tall x 73.2 inches wide x 8.7 inches deep (mm) 158.6 inches tall x 74.8 inches wide x 8.9 inches deep (mm) 162.9 inches tall x 76.6 inches wide x 8.9 inches deep (mm)
- Weight (ounces, grammes) (ounces, grams) 197g or 6.9 oz 207g or 7.3 oz 212g or 7.5 oz
- Android 13 Android 12 Android 13 mobile software
- 50-megapixel (primary), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide) 12-megapixel (wide), 50-megapixel (wide) (ultra-wide) 50 megapixels (primary), 12 megapixels (ultra-wide), and 48 megapixels (telephoto)
- Camera on the front 10.8-megapixel 8-megapixel 10.8-megapixel
- 4K 30fps (rear), 1,080p 30fps (front) video capture
- Google Tensor G2 processor Google TensorFlow Tensor G2 from Google
- RAM/storage 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB 8GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB 12GB plus 128GB, 12GB plus 256GB, and 12GB plus 512GB
- Storage that is expandable None None at all
- 4,355 mAh battery/charger 5,000 mAh 4,614 mAh
- Under-display fingerprint sensor Currently on exhibit Currently on exhibit
- USB-C connector USB Type C
- Jack for headphones None None at all
- $599.00 (USD) $599 $899